We specialise in narrowboat bespoke fitout and sailaways.
Here's a little more information about J.D. Narrowboats' build and sailaway services:
Choice of style
Traditional, cruiser (with optional wide-back end) and semi-trad.
- Self draining roof and a cambered front deck (for optimum drainage).
- Generous basic spec including an integral diesel tank, gas locker, escape holes, tiller assembly and engine beds
- All steelwork completed
- Engine installation (Beta or Isuzu)
- Ballast and basic floor laid
- Full internal battening and sprayfoam insulation
- Steel front and rear doors
- Sliding hatch
- Windows and porthole
- Interior lined with oak or ash-faced plywood
- Door facing lined in timber
- Hatch trims
- Front, rear and side door locks
- Wiring tails
- Windows, portholes and doors fitted and positioned to suit each individual customer
- Bulkhead fitted
- Bespoke fitted highly durable plastic water tank
- Full and bespoke fit-out
All productions are completed to the highest standard and we only use the finest steel (10-6-5-4mm), finished with a fire-retardant spray foam to current BS Standards (certificate issued with boat). All work is inspected by a fully qualified Marine Surveyor before leaving our workshop.