We specialise in narrowboat bespoke fitout and sailaways.
Here's a little more information about J.D. Narrowboats' build and sailaway services:
Choice of style
Traditional, cruiser (with optional wide-back end) and semi-trad.
- Self draining roof and a cambered front deck (for optimum drainage).
- Generous basic spec including an integral diesel tank, gas locker, escape holes, tiller assembly and engine beds
As featured in the May 2018 edition of Towpath Talk we offer underfloor heating as an option on our fitted out boats. As Eberspächer UK's inland waterway heating expert, Peter Collard, says we are "the go-to-guys if you want a boat built this way."
Click here to read the full article.
- All steelwork completed
- Engine installation (Beta or Isuzu)
- Ballast and basic floor laid
- Full internal battening and sprayfoam insulation
- Steel front and rear doors
- Sliding hatch
- Windows and porthole
- Interior lined with oak or ash-faced plywood
- Door facing lined in timber
- Hatch trims
- Front, rear and side door locks
- Wiring tails
- Windows, portholes and doors fitted and positioned to suit each individual customer
- Bulkhead fitted
- Bespoke fitted highly durable plastic water tank
- Full and bespoke fit-out
All productions are completed to the highest standard and we only use the finest steel (10-6-5-4mm), finished with a fire-retardant spray foam to current BS Standards (certificate issued with boat). All work is inspected by a fully qualified Marine Surveyor before leaving our workshop.